Nesbitt Memorial Library

Image No. 00003

Date: 1884 Photographer: Thomas B. Elrod


Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railroad Hospital. Converted from a hotel to a hospital in 1880, the building was on the north side of Spring Street, between Bowie and Live Oak in Columbus. The building with the porch was the hospital. The smaller building in the rear was a bathhouse, which was added in 1885. The complex burned in June 1887. The photograph is one of a set of twenty made in Columbus in 1884 and sent for exhibit to the New Orleans World Exposition. The Colorado Citizen of December 4, 1884 refers to the photograph as "G. H. & S. A. Hospital"

Use and Restrictions, including Copyright: The Nesbitt Memorial Library provides these images on-line for non-commercial, personal, educational, or research use only. No person or entity may use them for any other purpose, including but not limited to commercial or scholarly publications, reproductions, or other redistribution, without the prior written permission of the library. The images may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to copyright, privacy, and/or publicity rights. Users are solely responsible for making an independent legal assessment of an item and for securing any permissions and paying any associated fees which may be necessary for the proposed use.