Nesbitt Memorial Library

Loading palette preview

Archives Gets More Items

May 29, 2002

The archives received four more significant donations recently. On May 29, 2002, John O'Leary, former Columbus High School baseball coach, donated two large boxes of material regarding the CHS baseball program and other local athletic programs from 1968-1985. On June 20, Jon Loessin donated a letter written by an officer of the Stafford Bank and concerning bank business in 1907. The same day, Ernie and Willie Mae Smahlik and family donated a map. made about 1920, which shows details of land ownership and oil activity in the north half of Colorado County at the time. The map was printed on linen and so has remained in very good condition throughout the years. It is the second major donation made to the library by the Smahliks this year. On June 21, Laura Ann Rau gave a small collection of documents relating to the Brandon family, including several documents from the first decade of the 20th century relating to the Stafford Bank and to the Simpson Bank.