Nesbitt Memorial Library

Loading palette preview

Image No. 00450

Date: 1930s Photographer: Oscar A. Zumwalt
null The Court Oak, on Travis Street in Columbus, photographed from near the corner of Travis and Spring. This image is taken from a postcard with the inscription "First Court Republic of Texas Held at Columbus April 1837." The library owns the original glass plate negative, though it is heavily damaged. The inscription is present on it.

Use and Restrictions, including Copyright: The Nesbitt Memorial Library provides these images on-line for non-commercial, personal, educational, or research use only. No person or entity may use them for any other purpose, including but not limited to commercial or scholarly publications, reproductions, or other redistribution, without the prior written permission of the library. The images may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to copyright, privacy, and/or publicity rights. Users are solely responsible for making an independent legal assessment of an item and for securing any permissions and paying any associated fees which may be necessary for the proposed use.

News