Nesbitt Memorial Library

Loading palette preview

Image No. 00010

Date: 1884 Photographer: Thomas B. Elrod
null East River Railroad Bridge and Ferry. The bridge was built in 1867 between Crockett and Walnut Streets in Columbus. The ferry operated at the foot of Walnut Street, and was replaced by a wagon bridge at Spring Street in 1886. The photograph is one of a set of twenty made in Columbus in 1884 and sent for exhibit to the New Orleans World Exposition. The Colorado Citizen of December 4, 1884 refers to the photograph as "G. H. & S. A. Railway Bridge, East"

Use and Restrictions, including Copyright: The Nesbitt Memorial Library provides these images on-line for non-commercial, personal, educational, or research use only. No person or entity may use them for any other purpose, including but not limited to commercial or scholarly publications, reproductions, or other redistribution, without the prior written permission of the library. The images may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to copyright, privacy, and/or publicity rights. Users are solely responsible for making an independent legal assessment of an item and for securing any permissions and paying any associated fees which may be necessary for the proposed use.

News