Nesbitt Memorial Library

Loading palette preview

Image No. 00006

Date: 1884 Photographer: Thomas B. Elrod
null Cottonseed Oil Mill, built in 1881 north of Malleck Street and west of Live Oak in Columbus, subsequently demolished. The photograph is one of a set of twenty made in Columbus in 1884 and sent for exhibit to the New Orleans World Exposition. The Colorado Citizen of December 4, 1884 refers to the photograph as "The Oil Mill"

Use and Restrictions, including Copyright: The Nesbitt Memorial Library provides these images on-line for non-commercial, personal, educational, or research use only. No person or entity may use them for any other purpose, including but not limited to commercial or scholarly publications, reproductions, or other redistribution, without the prior written permission of the library. The images may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to copyright, privacy, and/or publicity rights. Users are solely responsible for making an independent legal assessment of an item and for securing any permissions and paying any associated fees which may be necessary for the proposed use.

News